Lenten Food Drive
Lenten Food Drive - 2017
Dear St. Joseph Parishioners,
The annual Archdiocesan Lenten Food Drive is rapidly approaching. This Lent we have again been given permission to help Holy Name Catholic Church, located at 920 11th St. NE, replenish their food pantry. Please bring your food items in sturdy bags or reusable grocery bags on the weekend of March 25 & 26
Any non-perishable food items will be welcomed.
The following are some suggestions from the folks at Holy Name:
· Canned Vegetables: Peas, Corn, Beans, Carrots, Tomatoes, Mixed Vegetables, Hominy.
· Canned Fruit: Any kind plus applesauce.
· Canned Beans; Black, Pinto, Garbanzo, Great Nothern, Black-Eyed Peas, Pork & Beans.
· Canned Meats/Fish; Tuna, Corned beef hash, Chili, Vienna sausage, deviled ham, gravy.
· Canned soups, tomato sauce, canned spaghetti.
· Peanut Butter and Jelly.
· Rice, pasta, mac & cheese, instant potatoes, cup of noodles, cup of soup.
· Dried beans, lentils, split peas.
· Cereal, oatmeal (boxes and individual serving packages), cream of wheat, grits.
If you cannot come the weekend of March 25 & 26 then you can always bring the food early. Contact Kelly Hanlon at email@example.com to schedule a time to bring it to the rectory. This archdiocese-wide Lenten food drive relies on the partnership between volunteers and programs at Catholic Charities and the good people of the Archdiocese of Washington.
***Please do not donate food items in glass jars—we have had plenty of accidents in the past.*** It also helps tremendously to put the food in reusable grocery bags. This makes it much easier for us to carry (no broken bags) and it is an added bonus for Holy Name to give to needy families. You may also donate checks made out to Holy Name Parish. Thank you very much and God bless you again and again for your continued generosity to the food pantry!